Fixed rate loans
- Monthly payment certainty
- Protects against interest fluctuations
- Fixed periods of 1 to 5 years
- Can convert to variable rate
- Check repayments flexibility
Fixed Rate Home Loans (Principal and Interest)
A fixed rate home loan is a loan that has a fixed interest rate for a specified period, which therefore fixes the monthly repayment amount.
Whilst the overall loan is generally for the full loan term of 25-30 years, the fixed rate periods are usually for terms of 1 to 5 years. At the end of the 'fixed rate period' you can decide whether to fix the rate again at the current market rate, or convert the loan to a variable rate.
- Protects you against rising interest rates for the entire fixed period
- Allows you to easily budget for your monthly repayment
- Repayments do not decrease if official interest rates fall
- Allows only limited additional payments, and may incur penalty
- If you wish to payout your loan early penalties can apply
Use our 'How much can I Borrow' calculator to get a quick idea of your borrowing capacity, and then contact one of our professional Time Finance Mortgage Brokers to get a full understanding of your borrowing ability.
With hundreds of different loan products in the market from all lenders, it can be a daunting time to go shopping for a home loan if you are doing it yourself or don't know what to look for. The benefits of why you should use a professional Time Finance Mortgage Broker are guaranteed.